Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jalie Sewalong on PRDU

Have you ever collected some exciting patterns only to have them languish away in

your sewing room??? Haven't we all! Some of us at the Pattern Review Sewing Downunder board are digging out our Jalies and having an informal sewalong.


I've had the J snowboard pants pattern sitting for ??? long along with several suitable fabrics.


Last night, while soaking up the heat from the fire, and watching a favourite show on TV, I finally opened the pattern and traced my size.


I just need to decide which fabric to use. In the stash were 3 pieces of dry japara (dusty pink, mauve and pink) along with a piece of navy entrant. I even found the lining!!! Cream wickaway mesh.

I'm tending towards the mauve at this stage as it would work well the rest of my ski gear. Looking at the pattern pieces, and never having used Jalie before, I can already see that the crotch depth is too long. Methinks a tet sew is in order.

No comments: