Saturday, June 1, 2013

Last Bit of Sewing for May

The challenge to complete a variety of tops based on a basic T-Shirt pattern has brought me to this final top (for now, anyway).



With cooler days and a lack of warm clothing, the logical choice was another zip front top out of polarfleece. Since I've been on a Stash purging stint, I dragged out the bin holding the track suiting and polar fleece lengths, only to find a couple of lengths of grey and blue tracksuiting (designated as DH's)a 90cm length of bottle green polarfleece, a 1m length of bright blue polarfleece and a scrap (maybe 1/2m) of black polarfleece ... a zip front jacket was out of the question none of lengths were big enough for the pattern.

After much struggling with the original T-Shirt pattern I was able to come up with a solution. By cutting the front with a yoke, adding a contrasting colour chunky zip to the yoke CF, then continuing as for the zip front top, I was able to eek out a toasty warm casual top just in time for cool weather that has suddenly descended on Sydney this weekend. The seam joining the yoke with the front was top stitched for added interest.

I am thinking of combining the bottle green polarfleece with the black, but for now I r-e-a-l-l-y must get on with making some much needed cord pants.

1 comment:

Sarah Liz said...

Hi Janine - just been having a look at your last few posts - I can't see a follow button on your blog so I'll have to look from time to time.

I love your magazine organisation- Stitches is a great magazine. I am in awe of your recent sewing binge - the tops are all gorgeous.